Hazardous Area Compliance Services
Our inspectors are CompEx qualified for explosive gases and vapours, combustible dusts, mechanical and intrinsically safe systems.
ATEX 137 (the ATEX Workplace Directive) and ATEX 95 (the ATEX Equipment Directive) are the European Legislation which is implemented within the EU member states to ensure a consistent standard is applied across the European Union in relation to these types of explosive atmospheres.
This Directive places legal duties on employers to demonstrate that they have addressed the requirement to eliminate or control the risks from explosive atmospheres in the workplace.
Services we offer include:
- Hazardous area compliance “GAP” analysis
- Area classification
- Risk assessments
- EPD (Explosion Protection Document)
- Asset register & maintenance
- DSD (Descriptive System Document – I.S. loops)
- Ex inspections – Initial detailed or periodic visual/close/sample (using software & RFID technology for same day reports)
- Maintenance and repairs of equipment in accordance with the ATEX95, ATEX137 and IEC60079 regulations.
- CompEx training facility based in Little Island, Co. Cork.
- Be-spoke courses tailored to suit your site specific requirements
ExVeritas – Are an ATEX Notified Body and IECEx Certification Body. They provide internationally recognised accredited safety and certification services including IECEx, ATEX & CE Marking.
SafeEx – Is a software company providing safe and user-friendly software for paperless Inspections and Maintenance routines in hazardous areas according to IEC 60079-17, using RFID Chip technology.
- Ex F (Foundation)
- Ex01 to Ex04 (Gas & Vapours)
- Ex05 & Ex06 (Combustible Dust)
- Ex R (Refresher)
- Ex12 ADE (Application Design Engineer)
- Ex14 (Responsible Persons)
- Explosion Risk Assessment
- Area Classification
- Intrinsic Safety
Euro Business Park,
Tel: +353 (0) 21 4510700
Thank you for your interest in Douglas Calibration Services. Please use the form on this page if you have any questions and we’ll get back to you very soon.