The 450MW gas fired Whitegate Power Plant is one of the most efficient electricity generation facilities in the world today. It provides power for 445,000 homes and will add significantly to Ireland’s security of energy supply while contributing to a cleaner environment.
Whitegate Power Station is a combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) and with an efficiency of 58.5% is the most efficient power station in Ireland.
What We Did at Whitegate, Powerstation
- 700 tonne of main steel erection
- 3200 tonne of equipment installation
- 1200 tonne of pipe installation
- Management of heavy lift contracts
- 2no. 125 tonne steel drum crane
- Assembly and erection of stack 7m diameter and 62m high
- Responsible for heavy lift (2no. 1250 tonnes SLL crane)
- Test procedures for hydro rangers 10Bar to 520Bar
- Insulation of 23,000m of pipe and equipment
Bord Gais Whitegate Powerstation, Cork