At Jones, we recognise the growing awareness around the demand for responsible business behaviour with issues relating to sustainability, ethics and respect for all of our stakeholders. We are extremely passionate about culture, diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace and recognise the impacts that they have on both their environment and the society in which they operate.
Filter posts by category
5 Reasons Why you should never Give Up, Even if you can’t see the Finish Line
Sometimes we feel like we have nothing left to give, and no matter how hard we try, we keep hitting road blocks that seem to hold us back. The fact of the matter is, if we can overcome the obstacles presented to us and keep pushing through the bad times, we will find the success within ourselves to create something worthwhile. It isn’t always easy trying to reach the top, but when you’re thinking about giving up, remember these five things:
- There’s Always Someone Working Harder Than You Are. Even if you think you’ve done all you can, you’re wrong. Everyone has a dream, goal and motivation. It just depends how far you’re willing to go to get what you want. Success comes from being unique and standing out among the crowd. If you settle for good enough, that’s all you will be and someone will surpass you.
- Nobody’s Perfect. We are all human. Realising that it’s okay to make a mistake is only part of the battle to that ultimate goal. Learning and moving There’s Always Someone Working Harder Than You Are. Even if you think you’ve done all you can, you’re wrong. Everyone has a dream, goal and motivation. It just depends how far you’re willing to go to get what you want. Success comes from being unique and standing out among the crowd. If you settle for good enough, that’s all you will be and someone will surpass you.
- Success Isn’t rewarding If It’s Easy. Reaching that ultimate goal should be a special moment. If it wasn’t the hardest thing of our lives, then we didn’t achieve it. Knowing that we did everything we could for ourselves and others to earn that goal should be more rewarding than the actual honour itself. Behind every successful person, there is a story and a long-fought journey for him or her to get to where he or she is today.
- Prove Others Wrong. When someone says you can’t do something, show that you can. Read more, write more, know more and work harder than the person next to you. If he or she runs two miles, run three. If he or she spends four hours working on a project, spend eight. Actions speak a lot louder than words, so instead of complaining and sulking about others perceptions of us, make them choke on and spit up their words.
- Rome Wasn’t Built In A day. This is the most important saying to remember when giving up becomes a legitimate thought. Nobody can create an empire in a day; no business can become a multi-million-Euro venture in one day, and no idea is worth throwing in the bin if all the stops haven’t been pulled out yet. There is a lot to say about rewriting drafts in our lives, and sometimes they need to be revised and edited multiple times before the finished copy can be published and celebrated.