Comp Ex01-Ex04 (Gas & Vapours)
CompEx is the training and assessment scheme for electrical & instrumentation crafts personnel who work in potentially explosive atmospheres, such as on and offshore oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, distilling, energy and chemicals industries. The aim of this course is to deliver competence based training and assessment in the selection, use, maintenance and inspection of electrical apparatus in potentially explosive atmospheres in accordance with the requirements of BS EN 60079 series relevant standards.
Delegates for the course must be competent electrical and/or instrument craft personnel and are required to forward suitable evidence to support same. The installation assessments are very intensive and time bound, and it is therefore imperative that candidates are able to carry out installation work to a high standard and be fully conversant with current Electrical & Instrumentation Installation practices. This is a 5 day course – Monday to Friday and will be delivered in English. Therefore, candidates must have good standards of both written and verbal English.
Who should attend?
Anyone who conducts electrical or instrument installation, maintenance or inspection of hazardous area Ex equipment. Normally practitioners with an electrical and/or instrument trade certificate.
On completion of the course candidates will have:
- Understanding of the general principles of explosion protection;
- Understanding of the general principles of types of protection and marking;
- Understanding of those aspects of equipment design which affect protection concept;
- Understanding of content of certificates and relevant parts of IEC/EN 60079-14;
- General understanding of inspection and maintenance requirements of IEC/EN 60079-17;
- Familiarity with the particular techniques to be employed in the selection and erection of equipment referred to in IEC/EN 60079-14;
- Understanding of the additional importance of permit to work systems and safe isolation in relation to explosion protection.
- Practical skills necessary for the preparation and installation of relevant concepts of protection (hands on training)
Please email email@example.com for current price list
CompEx Sponsorship Form
Please download company sponsorship form here