CompEx Ex05-Ex06 (Combustible Dust)
The course is intended to give awareness to the candidate with regard to working in explosive atmospheres formed by combustible dusts. It covers basic elements of application design as well as a more detailed review of the specific requirement for equipment selection, installation, inspection and maintenance of electrical installations in explosive atmospheres.
The course will give an understanding and awareness of the requirements of working safely in a potentially explosive atmosphere. As the persons attending the course are predominately practitioners, the course covers elements of the installation requirements from a practical viewpoint. This includes but is not limited to electrical protection concepts, selection of equipment, cabling and cable glands etc. For the inspection module then a review of a typical electrical installation is also covered.
Who should attend?
Anyone who conducts electrical or instrument installation, maintenance or inspection of hazardous area Ex equipment. Normally practitioners with an electrical or instrument trade certificate.
On completion of the course candidates will have:
- Understanding of the general principles of explosion protection;
- Understanding of the general principles of types of protection and marking;
- Understanding of those aspects of equipment design which affect protection concept;
- Understanding of content of certificates and relevant parts of IEC/EN 60079-14;
- General understanding of inspection and maintenance requirements;
- Familiarity with the particular techniques to be employed in the selection and erection of equipment;
- Understanding of the additional importance of permit to work systems and safe isolation in relation to explosion protection.
- Practical skills necessary for the preparation and installation of relevant concepts of protection (hands on training)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for current price list
CompEx Sponsorship Form
Please download company sponsorship form here