CompEx F (Foundation)
Course CompEx Foundation is a 2 Day Training Course, which gives a full understanding of the requirements of working safely in a potentially explosive atmosphere. This course been designed specifically for Electrical Supervisors, Contract Manager and Senior Management. Enabling a greater appreciation of CompEx core competency and the promotion of safe working. The assessment for this certificate is a theory only examination.
Who should attend?
This course contains no practical training or assessment and is therefore more suited to anyone involved in Hazardous Area work that does not actually conduct installation or inspection of electrical equipment. Unlike the other CompEx units, no prior knowledge of hazardous areas is required for full participation in this unit.
On completion of the course candidates will have:
- A greater understanding of the current directives and regulations relating to hazardous areas
- Awareness of typical flammable atmospheres situations and types of release
- Understanding of the characteristics of gases, vapours and dusts
- Understanding of the basic principles of area classification including zones, apparatus groups and temperature classification
- Understanding of identification for hazardous area equipment
- Awareness of the types of protection for equipment for use in hazardous areas
- Understanding of the IP code for ingress protection
- Awareness of various ignition sources and potential associated hazards
Please email email@example.com for current price list
CompEx Sponsorship Form
Please download company sponsorship form here